My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://frocksandfroufrou.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sometimes a girl's just gotta...



Jeans: Sussan
Shoes: Rocket Dog

Jay Jays has been very coy about this, but I was excited to discover the other day that they're venturing into 2XL's. Sort of. It only seems to be in a limited number of pieces, but because this striped top was one of them, I was happy.

I've been looking for a red and white striped top for while - I'd envisaged something with bolder stripes than this, but at $12 I'm not complaining. The new 2XL is probably on par with a size 18, and it's a more flattering fit than my Giordano striped top. It has little puff shoulders and a wide collar-bone exposing neckline, so while it looks good layered under cardigans, it'll look equally good when the weather warms and I want to wear it by itself.

On the topic of cardigans - I'm wearing the "Magic at Midnight" cardigan that I had on my wishlist back in May. The Sophisticate's Mum actually gave it to me on my birthday, and I love it as much as I thought I would


13 comments:

Miss Kitty-Cat said...

Stunning outfit. And there's no way you are an 18 - you look fabulous and a lot smaller than that! I love your casual elegance and your ability to co-ordinate colour so effectively...

Michelle said...

Oh look at that cardi! It's magnificent! The stripey underneath it really makes it too.

Anjali said...

So so cute and pretty! And you really have a way with color. The way all the red accents come together looks superb and makes an otherwise-casual outfit look somehow pretty polished!

Louise said...

Thanks for the heads up! I had a look around the Jay Jays website, and it looks like they even have a 3X in some things: http://www.jayjays.com.au/products.aspx#/492496/longline-bow-back-front-and-back-tunic

Veronica said...

You look very cute!

Narelle said...

i really like this outfit - you look great! thanks for the tip re, jay jays - i will have a look in there now (have not been into a jay jays store for ages!)

the cardy is wonderful too :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome outfit! I went into Jayjays after you tweeted about it and ended up with one of their dotty tops, only $12 too. It's good to see some of the shops doing bigger stuff.

Maxabella said...

Ya gorgeous thing.

jaye said...

wow that top is from jay jay's... I had no idea they were doing 2XL's. Might have to pop in there. Cheers. Love the cardigan they have the cutest stuff ;)

Sophie said...

Hi Lilli~ I discovered your blog a month or so back and visit often (in fact on a daily basis!) You are gorgeous and inspiring! Thanks for introducing me to many new places fashion-wise :)

Lorena said...

Adore this outfit- it looks girly and comfortable and fab!

Teer Wayde said...

Oh my I adore your style sugar!!!

I need that cardie!!!!

maxi dresses said...

you look cute!