My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://frocksandfroufrou.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Frockapalooza: Day 6 - Sakura

Shoes: Zu
Necklace: Inherited from my Nana

Woo! Day six and I'm premiering a new frock!

It's been so long since I'd ventured into Laura Ashley that I was amazed to discover that they had unearthed themselves from under all the liberty prints and dropped waists and had a few very nice pieces on offer. Even more happily they go up to a quite generous size 16.

This dress, with it's cotton silk blend & cherry blossom print is just lovely. I bought it some weeks ago, but have been looking for a special occasion to wear it to. Tonight I'm going to another gallery opening with The Sophisticate, so I've prettied up for that.

15 comments:

Boomgate said...

Oh gosh, how gorgeous! The dress is quite nice too ;)

Deborah-lee said...

Incredibly beautiful .. as is the dress :)

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Wow. This might be a new favourite.

Your expression is quite demure and sweet... it can only mean trouble! :P

I love black and floral, it's such a match made in heaven. x

Veronica Darling said...

I agree black floral is my fave kinda floral. Now I feel the same about Laura Ashley. All square collars and mummy-ish, might have a looksee myself!

bowsnhearts said...

Wow! I would be so tempted to get that dress as well if I ever see one like that!

I would wear it with a pink fluffy petticoat underneath for myself! Because I like pink so much! Haha.

Lilli, you are such a fashion inspiration!

Nefertiti said...

Mignon ;O)

Lenard said...

yay!!! now I'm drooooooooooling again! how are you finding such great dresses? huh? I'm jealous :P

decadent_hedonist said...

Gorgeous dress. I remember having a Laura Ashely outfit in my younger, slimmer days. Glad to see she is now going to a 16.

Chloe Masada said...

OMG! I love this dress!!! Gorgeous!

What a lovely print! And great cut!

Anonymous said...

I think this is another one where you could go down a size!

Please tell me your slimming secrets?!

Love, Love, Love it!

Maz

Anonymous said...

PS - you hair is looking fantabulous too! I covet thee...

;)

Maz

Anonymous said...

Waaah! Why is it sold out on the website? I'm always too late. I insist on you showing us your shopping ASAP so we can all rush out and buy before they sell out! ;)

Try some lip colour with this dress?

Dweenz

Unknown said...

LOL, thanks Boomgate & Deborah-Lee :)

Chantelle, you know me too well!

Veronica Darling, they're done a few quite cute nautical numbers this season too!

I should definitey invest in a petticoat some time bowsandhearts. Pink you say? I think I saw one at the Lost & Found Market...

Thanks, Nefertiti :)

I'm lucky m. Because of my work I'm out and about in all the shopping areas of Melbourne, so I get to see everything that everyone has to offer :) It's hell on my savings account though ;)

I was pleased too, D_H. I wonder how long? I saw a really cute silk butterfly dress from them last season, but I never saw it in a size larger than 14

Thanks Chloe - so do I !

Hi Maz, It's all about being happy, eating out, falling for someone who appreciates you, and not getting to the gym anymore apparently ;) I definitely couldn't have gone smaller though - the dress didn't have any stretch and was just comfortable around my waist!

Hi Dweenz - I'm SO LAZY with makeup! I need to start wearing lip colour though, my natural pink seems to be fading at the moment!

Sarah-Jo said...

oohhh its so pretty!
Ive found it on the LA website but they only have up to size 14 drats but i guess thats a good thing as I really CANT afford it :(

looks so lovely on you though Lilli :)

Carly Findlay said...

I love the blossoms on this dress.
Is there anything that you don't look fabulous in?~