My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://frocksandfroufrou.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 25, 2009

A Flurry?

Vest: Barkins
Skirt: Dream Diva
Boots: Duo Boots

Here we go - the final outfit from my week away! Was that a flurry?

I have this shopping theory: that if you wear an item for as many hours as it would take to earn the money to buy it, then it's a good investment (obviously wedding dresses don't quite fit the bill here). It's a bit of a flawed theory, but it's a great way of rationalising frivolous purchases which this second pair of red boots definitely were!  I think that according to Lilli's work/purchase theory of profitable shopping I have "paid off" these boots a few times over. Hurrah! Good investment!

7 comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

You look lovely in ALL the photos. You look really fresh and happy. Is that how you feel? xx

elsie said...

I think your formula is genius - REALLY!!!

Carrie in Minnesota said...

So glad you're back posting again! I discovered Frocks & Frou Frou this week and have been excitedly pouring over your archives. I am in love with your style. Thank you so much for creating this blog!!

Anonymous said...

you make me wish i worked outside of the house so i could dress up every day.

Lyndsey said...

My shopping rationalization is $1/wear. It doesn't matter how much something costs, if I will wear it enough times that the price averages out to $1 per wear, it's worth it. So very expensive things need to last and be versatile and trendy one-season-only things need to be CHEAP.

Unknown said...

Hi Chantelle, absolutely! I'm a generally happy person most of the time! Thankyou, too!

elsiee, I have another theory - every time someone comments on something that you're wearing you win back 20% of the value. I have to admit I love Inz's suggestion about the $1 a wear, too! Good way of rationalising a bigger spend on "core" items!

Branwyn! You should dress up for yourself! (That said, I've been known to spend entire weekends in my dressing-gown, so I'm probably not one to talk)

Unknown said...

Carrie, I'm so glad you found me! I hope you're enjoying reading!