My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://frocksandfroufrou.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Spectacular Spectacles

It was one of those grotty, muggy, grey days in Melbourne today. Days like this always make me feel heavy, and lethargic and headachey; normally I'd spend it lolling about at home in easy reach of the freezer and a good novel, but today I had to go out for a book launch.

I'm a bit spoilt in my work in that I don't have to wear a) a uniform, b) a colour code (unless you count black. I am a Melbournite, after all), or c) a suit. Usually I try to wear something that makes me look cheerful and approachable, and like the sort of person you would buy Children's books from. Skirts, dresses, jeans, cute t-shirts - I get full use of my wardrobe (hurrah!).

Sometimes - like today when I act as the Face-Of-The-Company - I try to look a little more serious and professional and bookish.

The spectacles help.

It's a little known fact about me that I am blind as a bat without my contact lenses. I wear the "extended wear" lenses that you can sleep in, because I'm lazy, and so when I venture out in my rarely-worn glasses I tend to get double-takes from people who know me. The weird thing is though - they all realise something's different, but they can't often pinpoint what it is. ("You've had your hair cut" is something I hear regularly when I'm wearing my glasses) I think there's something about me that suggests glasses-wearing even when I'm not wearing them. Like they belong on my face. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I suppose given my choice of industry they're a help, rather than a hindrance.


Glasses: O&X New York








3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you wore shoes, my darling. ;)

Unknown said...

LOL, nope! It's either shoes OR glasses. When I'm wearing both I look uppity.
Naw, I was wearing silver sandals but I kicked them off as soon as I got home!

Unknown said...

Well, you certainly were la-di-da today. ;) Shoes and glasses, my my my! lol